Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Week 8 Reading and Writing

 

Recovering a Jewel from the Palace of the Dragon King. Utagawa Kuniyoshi. 1883. Source

Looking Back:

I'm rather pleased with how my writing assignments have turned out. I have really enjoyed creating this blog and my project site, and I've put in a lot of time and effort to make them both look good.

I think my biggest writing accomplishment so far is my Introduction post. I received a lot of comments and feedback on that post. I'm not a very personal person, so when I posted that I thought about deleting it and writing something about how much I love cheese. I'm glad I stuck with it though.

I've enjoyed all of the readings so far, but my favorite has been The Monkey King. the reading notes for that lead me to writing my favorite story: Ao Run: The Dragon King of the West. I just wrote a retelling of the story, but I loved it so much that I was excited to rewrite it. I think it turned out great.


Image:

The image I liked the best is from one of my favorite artists Utagawa Kuniyoshi. He was a Japanese artist who created works based off of myths. They're so cool. Many of them involve dragon myths, and I like the way he created dragons. 


Looking Foward:

Looking foward, I can't think of anything I would change to get more out of reading and writing. I like the system I've created. I usually read the stories first, then reread them while taking notes. The notes portion gives me the ideas I use to create stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment