Monday, January 25, 2021

Week 2 Reading Overview


 Week 2

I'm so excited to get started - the units are all so interesting, but I'm so excited to read the Ancient Egypt and King Arthur units. I was also interested in Ancient Mesopotamian myths, but I didn't see that as an option.

----



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Classical

Week 4: Biblical

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Middle Eastern

Week 6: Middle Eastern

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Asian

Week 9: African

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Break Week?

Week 11: Native American

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: King Arthur

Week 13: Celtic Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Brothers Grimm

Week 15: Russian Fairy Tales


----

And now... an image.

This painting depicts the witch Morgan le Fay weaving an enchanted robe for King Arthur on a loom. I first saw this image on the cover of a book, and I've always been fascinated by it. I love Pre-Raphaelite art, as well as Arthurian legend.

 


 Morgan le Fay by Frederick Sandys, 1864



No comments:

Post a Comment